The friends I’m staying with at the moment have three little boys, a four year old and two year old twins. We got chatting today about picture books and realised we couldn’t come up with any picture books other than the Topsy and Tim series that featured twins.
I asked twitter for any suggestions that were available in the UK and these are the answers so far:
- Twin to Twin by Margaret O’Hair,
- Two is for Twins by Wendy Lewison,
- Little Miss Twins by Roger Hargreaves,
- Mine! by Rachel Bright,
- Allison Hubble by Alan Ahlberg (not twins but a girl who goes to bed single and wakes up double),
- Hello Twins by Charlotte Voake (out of print),
- The Empty Stocking by Richard Curtis,
- The Tintin books by Hergé
Based on the covers alone it appears that with the exception of Thomson and Thompson in the Tintin books all of these books feature either girl twins or girl and boy twins rather than boy twins like my friends’ boys so I’m curious to see if anyone has any other suggestions to add to the list?