Last night I finished my first craft project of the year. I had bought a few small Christmas themed cross stitches last year, ready to turn them into cards. Time wasn’t on my side and other than the two cards I make every year I didn’t get any others made. On Wednesday, my first day back in London after my Christmas break, I was in the mood for some cross stitch so decided to stitch these kits up now rather than leaving them until the autumn.
This was the result, a finished Christmas donkey.
I thought this year that I would like to set a few crafty goals. After some thinking I’ve come up with these:
- Complete the Cloudsfactory Famous Women in History stitchalong.
- Produce at least half a dozen cross stitch designs and list them on Etsy.
- Complete two full size crochet blankets (i.e. not baby blankets).
- Improve my photography of my finished objects and works in progress.
- Knit a child size jumper or cardigan using fair isle or some other colour work technique (this will involve learning fair isle or some other colour work technique).
There are other things I considered adding but I wanted to ensure that the list was achievable, and I can always revisit it later in the year and add more goals. It should be a fun year!