I’m putting the finishing touches on my 2014 reading round up post (complete with statistics and maybe a chart or two, you know how I love a chart) but first I need to round up the books I read in the last two months of the year. They weren’t my best reading months, starting a new job and all of the festive build up meant that my time was pulled in every direction and one of the things that slipped a bit was reading. I read 9 books in November and 5 books in December, a total of 14 books for the last section of the year. In order of reading they were:
- The Grunts in Trouble by Philip Ardagh.
- A Home for Mr Tipps by Tom Percival.
- Daddy Does the Cha Cha Cha by David Bedford.
- Starring Kitty by Keris Stainton.
- Grandma’s Saturday Soup by Sally Fraser.
- Here Be Monsters by Jonathan Emmett.
- The Sea Tiger by Victoria Turnbull.
- Ironheart by Allan Burroughs.
- Finding Harry Styles by G.B. Hope.
- Mistletoe and Mr Right by Lyla Payne.
- Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonsky.
- Nash by Jay Crownover.
- Girls Heart Christmas by various.
- Heist Society by Ali Edwards.
There were some real stand outs amongst these books, notably Starring Kitty, Ironheart, Gracefully Grayson and Heist Society. Next week expect to see a joint review for Ironheart and Gracefully Grayson – two excellent but very different Middle Grade books that I can’t not talk a bit more about!