I nearly matched July’s total of 17 books read this month, but missed by one making it 16 instead. The big difference has been in what I’ve been reading, whilst 13 of July’s 17 books were picture books only 6 of August’s 16 were picture books so I think that means August was a more productive month over all. It certainly involved far more pages!
In order of reading, here’s what I read in August:
- Squishy McFluff: The Invisible Cat by Pip Jones and Ella Okstad.
- The Garden of Darkness by Gillian Murray Kendall.
- Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie by Jeff Norton.
- Far From You by Tess Sharpe.
- Has Anyone See Jessica Jenkins? by Liz Kessler.
- Bug and Bear by Ann Bonwill & Lynn Marlow.
- Pip and Posy: The Scary Monster by Axel Scheffler.
- Go to Sleep or I Let Loose the Leopard by Steve Cole & Bruce Ingman.
- Too Hot to Hug! by Steve Smallman & Cee Biscoe.
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardguo.
- Rome by Jay Crownover.
- Carlo and the Really Nice Librarian by Jessica Spanyol.
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt & Oliver Jeffers.
- Roomies by Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando.
- Spy Dog by Andrew Cope.
- Of Things Gone Astray by Janina Matthewson.
Looking at the list like this August has been a really good month for me in terms of reading. I’ve managed to cover lots of target audience age groups, and quite a few genres. Particular favourites include Far From You, Rome and Roomies.
What books did you love in August?