A double month round up this time because the end of May came and went in a blur of post degree finishing activity. It was also a pretty quiet month reading wise, but I’m very pleased that June was stronger – I think I’m finally getting back in the reading habit.
First things first then, the books I read in May were:
- Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve
- Dads, Geeks and Blue Haired Freaks by Ellie Phillips
- Beat the Band by Don Calame
I rated them all with 4 stars on Goodreads so I’m really glad I’ve decided to stop choosing a favourite book of the month. I’m far to indecisive for such a thing, I could spend hours arguing back and forward about why each book should earn the title!
Then came June and all of these books:
- After Tomorrow by Gillian Cross
- Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Tornado Chasers by Ross Montgomery
- Double Crossing by Richard Platt
- The Flavours of Love by Dorothy Koomson
- Boys Don’t Cry by Malorie Blackman
- 21st Century Dodos by Steve Stack
- Solomon Crocodile by Catherine Rayner
- The Frank Show by David Mackintosh
June was my best reading month by far this year with 10 books read. It was also a really varied month, I read both fiction and non-fiction, books aimed at most age groups and from a range of genres. I at least liked every book – 2 got 3 stars, 5 got 4 stars and 3 were 5 star reads on Goodreads. It’s definitely a good job I’ve stopped with the favourite choosing!