I’ve been home from uni for a few days now and I thought it was about time I reflected on my first semester. So here it is, a list of the things I’ve learned (undoubtedly incomplete).
- I really can be as old and grumpy as I suspected.
- Living in a stupidly hilly place can cause dreams of your car rolling away. Repeatedly.
- The Welsh language is hard. (This one deserves, and will get, a post of its own!)
- I am no better at tolerating false people than I used to be.
- Singing in the tenor section of a choir with good Welsh tenors is sheer musical bliss.
- It is harder than I thought to find a Welsh-Texan-Cowboy-Farmer, I may have to slightly reassess the qualities I am looking for in a man.
- The Information and Library Studies degree course attracts geeks. It is wonderful spending so much time with like minded people.
- I haven’t really adjusted to my new life yet and finding my new limits is a learning curve all of its own.
- There are people in the world who can’t name any of The Beatles, or their songs, and have never heard of The Rolling Stones.
- The quality of tattoos amongst students has improved a huge amount. There are people wandering around campus with amazing work on their bodies.
- Driving down a 25% incline is scary. Driving up a 25% incline is even scarier.
So there you have it. I’m sure the next semester will bring another batch of things to learn!